On message boards & in real life, I hear people talk all the time about wanting to time conception to ensure they don’t have a Christmas baby. I’m all for whatever the hell people want to do, but having had a December baby, I’d like to share some AWESOME reasons to have a baby in December.
1. A December baby means that (providing you go full term), your second trimester of pregnancy falls over the summer. The second trimester is, for most women, the best part of pregnancy. Morning sickness is over, and you’re not so pregnant that moving is ridiculous.
2. There are a more stat holidays around Christmas than any other time of year. That means your spouse gets more days at home with you without having to use up vacation days.
3. When you’re all exhausted and postpartum, there is delicious food everywhere.
4. Between Christmas prep and parties, people are SUPER busy in December, which means you won’t have as many people wanting to pop in for hours. I love people, but sleep is priority in the first weeks.
5. When tax time comes around the next year, you get to claim a dependent you only had for 3 weeks.
6. By the time the next summer rolls around, life is starting to settle into a routine, and you can enjoy the beautiful sun.