I’m feeling kind of blah today. Minor sinus/allergy issues, which I can’t really take anything for plus just generally kind of uncomfortable. Sprocket is positioned with his butt under my ribs, I think, and every time he moves, it’s just…UGH. Not really painful, just weird and uncomfortable.
Being that he’s still prenatal and all, I don’t really have a whole lot of discipline options. Time outs are supposed to be a minute for every year of age, so we’re at -1/6 of a minute. Not really sure how to implement that. He’s not driving yet, so I can’t really take the van away. The only option I really have is to eat super spicy food, hope that it flavours the amniotic fluid, and further hope that he finds it mildly unpleasant. TAKE THAT, UNBORN SON!
So, with that in mind, I made my mom’s Curry Lamb & Bean Wraps for dinner, and thought I’d throw the recipe up here since they’re officially rotation worthy.
- one onion chopped
- 6 tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 8-10 tbsp of Curry powder (I use medium hotness, but you can use whatever you like)
- 1 lbs ground lamb (usually found in the freezer section if you’re North American)
- 1 can of 5 bean mix (not the 5-bean salad, the can of 5 different beans with no seasoning or anything)
- A cup of rice, prepared however you like to prepare rice
- 6 whole wheat wraps
- Brown lamb in large saucepan and drain off fat
- Add onion, Frank’s Red Hot, Curry Powder, beans (don’t drain, add the liquid from the beans too), and 1 cup of water to the lamb
- Simmer until not liquidy anymore (around 30 minutes), stirring regularly
- Throw some of the lamb & bean mixture with rice in a wrap and eat it
So freakin good! And baby is kicking a lot post dinner, so I’m assuming he’s taking his curry punishment seriously.